Back to PRSS

Author: Carlo@hoGc // Category:
Went back to PRSS today.
I figured that since it'll be my last few days here in Singapore,
I should visit PRSS more.

Going back to PRSS nowadays have always been,
what me and Valerie agreed on,
to be very uncomfortable.

I don't know.
It's something about the new environment that makes it so different.
I personally prefer the old school.
Although it was old,
it had that cozy homely feel.
But what the heck,
can't do anything now but reminisce.
And reminiscing will definitely do nothing much,
but either give you good memories or bad.

Although uncomfortable,
it was a fun day.
Especially when meeting old acquaintances and joking around with them.

But you want to know something?
It's really funny.

Every time I go there,
My friends will tell me that their friends told them that I'm very handsome -.-
My reaction?
Can't be helped la!
Too handsome already la!
LOL
xD

Valerie and Mu Ying came to PRSS today as well.
We went around the school and met some teachers.
We then went to Gavin and Choong Kai's class.
Turned out that Mr Neo was the one teaching.
And sure enough,
he invited me to his class to tell the class how great and wonderful of a teacher he was.
LOL
Never change la Mr Neo.

After that we went to join Godric in detention.
The detention area was so peaceful and windy!
I wouldn't mind going to detention if the place is that comfortable xD

We then had lunch at the canteen,
and then I went off to go to the Chinese Orchestra.
Firstly,
I went to see their combine practice.
They were playing Song of Cicada.
I went in and at first thought the one conducting was Ms Ding.
But she looked different.
So I asked the CO people and it turned out that she was a student of Ms Ding.
She was there substituting Ms Ding,
who apparently got lost while driving -.-

After hearing such horrendous playing,
I went up to Percussion Sectionals.
But I was met with even more horrendous playing.
I think it was just plain noise la.
The Sec 2s were like beating non sense,
and in addition the SL was like asking them to listen up,
but some were walking around, talking to each other etc.
I got fed up watching such lackadaisical attitude
so i went back down to sit in the combine practice,
occasionally helping the percussion section with their playing.
And apparently Ms Ding have arrived.

I was amazed at how the whole playing changed -.-
Suddenly they were all playing so nicely.
Although there were occasional timing problems,
and they received the wrath of Ms Ding,
but most of the time they were playing almost perfectly.
But what surprised me the most was the stupid score.
It was damn simple -.-

I looked at the Percussion scores and I was like what the?!
It was so simple that even I can play it at first try on the timpani o.O
Oh man!
PRSSCO this SYF is not going to be about whether you can play the song already.
It's going to be more about your tai feng and smoothness.

They were released for break
and almost immediately the percussion people went to me
and complained about how "hopeless" the Sec 2s were,
with only 2 out of 12 making it to perform.
I was like O.O
They also told me about how they were at their wit's end trying to train them.
So it got me a bit flared up.

So I went up to the Percussion Sectionals.
Got quite irritated because some of them were walking around outside the class,
while the SL was trying to train them inside.

So I called all of them inside and confronted them.
Literally confront.
I was like asking them straight in the face "What's your problem?"
I told them that if they didn't buck up and focus and be serious now,
who will perform at the next SYF? 
The Sec 1s?
I gave them like a man to man talk.
Telling them about maturity is about being responsible.
Told them to grow up and take responsibility of their actions
and of others around them.

I just hope it registered in their minds.

After that,
sat in the combine practice a while.
Helped them with their tempo.
Then off home.

Then waited for the Inauguration Ceremony.

Then now blog.

The End.

PS Wah Lao ~30 viewers yet 0 taggers. Tag la dei!