Impetus et Somnium

Author: Carlo@hoGc // Category:
This is one of the blog posts that I have to do for one of my classes,
Computers in Society. I have to do 3; What is my passion, dreams and
what i thought about a documentary screening which happened on monday.

I've decided to talk about my passion and dreams first before I start
talking about the Documentary screening; I may be going to be tackling
a few controversial issues there so it's better to save the best for
last.

So let's start shall we?

The first 2 will be short because I'm sure most of my followers know
me well enough and knows my dreams and passions so this is just going
to be kind of a repeat for my class.

It's going to be short but detailed.

*

I have a lot of passion, but I think I'll mention 3 of my passions for
this post.

The first passion that I have is probably teaching. I've always liked
the times that I was training students during events where I am
invited to train the students in terms of leadership and all of that.
Every time during these training, I've always felt a sense of
excitement and enthusiasm and after the workshops, I've always felt
really accomplished and satisfied. It's those feelings that drive me
to really do my best and do more in this profession. But it's not just
that you see, it's actually the fact that I helped caused a change in
the person for the better that really motivates me. By providing new
insights on each of their life; that's what really drives this passion
of mine.

The 2nd passion that i have is probably music or anything that have to
do with aesthetics. I've always enjoyed learning new instruments and
learning to sing and dance as well. I also enjoy watching choir
concerts, band, orchestras, etc. As an avid fan of classical music, I
really enjoy and even get really in to the music as it plays. It's
relaxing and somehow gives a sense of serenity. But most of all, I'm a
huge fan of youth showing their talent. That's why among all of those
that I've heard perform, it was the performances of youths that really
sparked this interest and passion to ignite in me.

The 3rd passion I have is probably God. He is definitely my passion.
Serving God and being surrendered to Him wholeheartedly, that is a
true passion that really drives me in every single aspect of my life.
Everything I do, I do it for Him! I'm just thankful that He found me.
I really can't imagine where I will be right now if I don't have that
driving faith and passion to serve God with all my heart.

So yes. Those are a few of my passions! There a lot more that drives
me to do what I do. But maybe I'll just leave it up to you to find it
out for yourself! ^^

*

Dreams/Visions are the picture of your future. That's why for me
having a vision is very important because that vision will direct my
whole life to where I'm going to head to.

A few of the dreams that I have is to have a great family; great wife
(possibly an architect) and a son (he'll receive the best things only
and nothing sub-par, he'll also be named either Michael or Emmanuel)
then I also dream to start a business that will grow to be a part of
Fortune 500 then I want to live in Marine Parade, Singapore in a house
built and possibly designed by us! Then in addition to having and
owning a business, I plan to teach english in a secondary school (for
those who knows me well, you'll know which school that is^^)

But of course, the vision that really drives me the most, the one that
is part of my DNA, the vision i share with my home, the vision of my
Church, Heart of God Church:

> "Raise up a generation of people who are willing to give God the
> best years of their lives and God will use this generation to impact
> all levels of society and all walks of life"


That's the vision that is most important to me and the thing that
guides me to where I will go in life.

*

That's all I really want to say in this post this Thursday morning of
June 11, 2009. This is Carlo and I'll see you again later.