Super Supper

Author: Carlo@hoGc // Category:
Wow.
Just look at the time and i'm still awake and blogging.
It's 0435am!

I actually just came back from a great fruitful supper with Nicholas and Hong Rui.
Thank God for having this opportunity
I'll now relate everything that has happened.

Be warned though.
This post is going to be long.
However, My heart's going to be in this post.

Me, Nicholas and Hong Rui met at Tampines St 11 near Nic's house to have a late night supper.
Little did I know that it will turn into a heart warming and heart to heart sharing.
While walking to the Prata Shop, I saw quite a lot of rats scurrying here and there.
It's kind of disgusting but in a way, they were kind of cute.
I actually wanted to take pictures of some of them.
But they were just so fast. Too fast actually for my laggy phone.
LOL.

So i gave up in trying to take a picture of the rats and we proceeded with our journey to the prata shop. 
Upon reaching I ordered one egg prata and 1 mutton murtabak.
Gosh. Fortunately i'm walking home after that.
We were eating our supper of Pratas and joking around while Nicholas kept speaking in a Borat way of talking.
Really funny.

Then we drank Iced Milk tea.
Now this is where it all really began.
With only the tea right in front of us it left us to talk more.
I related to them my adventure in the world of YouTube and Conspiracy Theories.
It was really funny because Nicholas kept relating all the Conspiracy Theories with the Illuminati because I told him that I saw one video in YouTube that says that everything is planned by the Illuminati.
LOL

So from there our conversations led to so much things.
From Kids being neglected by parents to Victoria School to End Times and to more conspiracy theories. 
Which Nicholas kept relating back to Illuminati.
I know it's lame but it's really funny once you hear the situations when he said it.

When we were talking about the End Times, It was really interesting.
I was saying that it was kind of exciting yet scary at the same time.
We were talking about who the anti-christ might be. Linking some things to some Conspiracy Theories. We talked a lot more about the end times but it can't be said here. 
Sorry guys.

Then Nicholas something shocking.
He told me that once you take a sup-paper, you can't enter university.
I was seriously very shocked.
But he told me that that was what his teacher told him.
He said that you have 2 choices:
1) Take a sup-paper and don't go to University
or
2) Retake the module
I was really super shocked.
Suddenly my life flashed before my eyes.
All the regret and guilt of not studying enough.
Oh man.
I think my choice is clear.
Take door number 2.

After that.
The statement that started it all.
Was I really meant for poly?

We started talking about whether it was planned by God for us to be in Poly.
Especially me. 
I asked myself, was I really planned to be in Poly or is it because of my decisions for myself that i'm in poly.

After a while,
I had no answer.
Maybe it was for my own sake only?

I'm in poly because of DPA.
Before Secondary 4, my results were great.
My average was quite high.
So during Sec4 i got complacent.
My results dropped to the point where my Mid-Years was 32
That's why i decided to take DPA.
To play safe.
I told myself, If i get accepted then i'll take it and if not then i'll chiong harder for VJC.
Anyways i got accepted and so i didn't study as much as i would have studied.
Now that i came to think of it.
Should I have studied harder instead of taking the safe route?

But ultimately,
It's my problem.
My Stronghold.
My Pride.

Nicholas touched my heart a lot.
He told me that last time there was something wrong with me.
He sensed it.
He felt burdened about it.
I was starting to get sucked back into the world.
I was turning my back towards God.
I was negatively influencing people.
My stronghold is pulling me down.

He told me that he saw a huge change in me right after we started school.
He said that I changed.
I cared more about success than significance.
I thought about it.
And he was right.

He felt really burdened about me.
He said that because I was the one who brought him to church.
He saw me as a strong Christian.
Someone who helps people.
Who is positive and optimistic.
Someone who encourages people.
But recently i've been a jerk and he was burdened.
Burdened in fact that he prayed for me.
2hours.
He knelt down and with tears in his eyes, he prayed for me.
This is his post.

Burdened

 
 
Just these past few weeks, something has been weighing on my heart, and I am burdened by it. I have this friend, and we've known each other for a while, and yea, he's saved. He was a great guy, so positive and outgoing. He dreamed great dreams, and had great visions. He was a great talker too, and he was practially friends with just about everyone. Hanging out with him was great; he always made jokes that never failed to make me and those around him laugh.
 
But recently, not long after my friends started school, I saw a change in him. He began to become interested in some activities and some new technology, and slowly, slowly, I felt that he began to drift away. At first I really thought nothing of it, as it was probably just some passing hype that would wear off pretty soon. But, I saw that he was slowly but surely getting sucked back into the world, and now we don't talk so much anymore.
 
Recently, I think he feels that some injustice has been dealt to him, and he is really focused on other things. Its worrying. I'm concerned that he is focusing more on success than on significance, and it really wrecks my heart, it really does, to see him drifting further and further away, but seemingly not being able to do anything about it. But, the answer will always lie in God. I will keep on praying for him, and I know he'll come back, for the shore will never be out of sight.
 
Just thinking about him right now, I can feel God's presence. Its really strong, but this time, its different. Its neither happy nor peaceful, but it is heavy; it weighs greatly on my heart. I am burdened, and wave upon wave of His presence keeps flowing through me. I'm yes, tearing in front of the monitor typing this out. I AM GOING TO SHAKE THE DEVIL'S BOARDGAME!


3:00 am

I've just finished praying for him. I was just in a room, kneeling straight for 1 hour, and just singing healer and praying for him. I really think that his heart needs to be healed, and I believe that only Jesus can do that. Friend, you are lifted up to Him, let Him minister to you, and may His peace be with you. 

As he said that.
I just wanted to cry.
What was I  thinking?
This is my family.
How can i do this?
I can't turn back.
I must never.

I reflected about this.
And i knew.
My stronghold has taken over me again.

My pride.

The reason why I am not growing.
My pride is always holding me back.

I want to breakfree.
I don't want to hurt anyone else.
I don't want to burden them.

I really want to breakthrough this stronghold.

I know that I must start from the basics.
I can't let thoughts of pride to enter again.

Just like what Nicholas and Hong Rui shared with me.
Take few moments in my life to really stop and drink water provided by Him.
I think it's time.

Thank God for friends like these.
Really Thank God.
God really answers prayers.
I've actually prayd for God to show me what's wrong.
Well He did.
Through these 2 brothers.

Thanks guys!
I appreciate it.

Especially Nicholas.
Thanks for praying for me.
Thanks.
It's really awesome having you around.
Don't worry.
I'll be that same Carlo you knew me as.

It's time for me to let go of everything that's holding me back.

I know what i need to let go.
I know what i need to do.
I know what i need to correct.
I know what i need to breakthrough.

Thanks again guys!
But more importantly

Thank God!

0528am.

Time to sleep.

TTFN

Tag Replies:

Yus - hu's fida? can u ask me in msn for my new no? lol

diana marz - ya la.. now hols mah..

Lynnie - ya right.. LOL.. angie sounds nice.. but yeah olive is definitely nicer.. LOL